Amazon

Tears of Marriage Part 17 & 18


 Author: Gregory Wanyonyi

Fidelis dressed up in a hurry and left the hotel. I just didn't know what her husband had told her but I was happy that she had gone. I was not ready to cheat on my wife. She was the woman I loved and she is the only one who deserves to see my nakedness. I knelt down by the bedside and gave thanks to God. He had taken away temptations from my table. "Another day Greg, I have to be at home." She said as she left. 
  I left the hotel and went back to the pub and resumed my seat. I was lucky since nobody had occupied it. As normal, I expected my wife yo call and apologize or even ask me where I was but she didn't. This made me more worried. Personally I cannot withstand my wife leaving the house after a quarrel. I was ready to do anything within my power to make her stay. But what of her? She has a rock in her chest. I concluded. 
  At eleven, I left the pub and drove home. I was surprised to find another car parked in my compound. I had noticed the lights in my bedroom on. The sitting room lights were also on. This was not normal in my home. I parked my car and left hurriedly. "Today is today." I said as my hands clenched into fists. I was ready for anything. When I reached the door, I heard murmurs from the house. I was sure that the owner of the vehicle was a man. His voice was heavy. I could not get what they were discussing clearly but at some point I heard my wife say she was tired. I didn't know what she was tired of but the man in the house seemed to understand her. Maybe they have had this talk for a long time. "One, two, three!!" I pushed the door open only to find my wife in her night gown and a man seated next to her. At first I didn't recognize who he was. A Bible was on the table opened. The man was sweating as if he had been exercising. I raised my arm to hit him but he dodged. "What is wrong with you Greg?" He asked. This was when I discovered he was a pastor from the nearby church. "What are you doing in my house at this time?" "Am the one who called him here." My wife said. "When you left without telling me where you were going to. What did you expect me to do? Beg you to stay? You are a big man but you behave like a kid. At least he is a man of God. Let him teach you how to handle your marriage." She added. Her words were a double edged sword that cut me from within. I was hurt. I felt like crying but tears refused to come. Slowly I went to my bedroom without any utterance. 
That was when I remembered my sister's warning before I married Sharon. "Bro, are you serious about marrying Sharon?" She posed the question. "Yes siz, I love her and I believe she can make a good wife for me." I answered her. "I feel you deserve a better girl Greg. You might regret this decision. I know that Sharon; a friend of mine told me she was the worst girl in campus." My sister advised. I just didn't want anything wrong being said about Sharon. Not after I had taken her to the university. I was determined marry her. Nothing could stop me from that. "What did she tell you Sharon did?" I enquired. "Bro, Sharon is a materialistic woman. Am told she had been dating lecturers just to finance her high end life. Get another woman, am sure you can find the best Greg." 
  Was my sister right? Did I make a mistake marrying Sharon? And who was this pastor since I had never stepped my foot in his church. How did he come to know my wife?
That night, my wife slept without a word. I didn't know at what time she came and when I woke up in the morning, she was not there, not just in the bedroom but in the house. The only evidence thst she slept in thr bedroom was her pillow, it was nit where i left it when I dozed off. My son was unwell so I didn't have to take him to school. After the Nasambu was relieved of her duties, my daughter spent most of the time with Joina; my sister. Don't ask me how an eight months old girl can stay without the mother. My daughter stopped suckling at the age of four months. Not because she wanted to but my wife said she was tired of being suckled. "I will age early." That was her exact words. Did I tell you that she was working. I don't know what devil was at her work place. Anyway am used to her drama.
 I ran to the bathroom only to bump into a tampon wrap. So she was on her moon. I sighed. Maybe it was the reason she behaved weird towards me. "These women can be funny." I said to myself promising to call her and apologize for what happened the previous night. After preparation, I left for Chelagat's house. I had promised to pick her on my way to school. When I arrived, I knocked twice but there was no response. I called her on phone but it went unanswered. I heard it ringing from the house but she didn't pick it. I tried for five times. I gave up and decided to leave but my instincts were against my going so I pushed the door open. The first thing I saw at the door made me freeze; drops of blood. For once I didn't know what to do for the blood headed to her bedroom. Shouting was not my thing and I didn't know any of her neighbours. What should I do? Before I could make a move, Fidelis called me. She was crying. "Greg, imagine just imagine..." She didn't finish her statement and her phone went off. I called her back immediately but she could not be reached. Things were getting tricky for me. For Chela, there was no other option but to find out what was wrong with her. I followed the blood trail and as I had suspected earlier, it entered her bedroom. Luckily her bedroom door was open so I saw her lying in bed half covered. She looked sound asleep. I pulled off the blanket only to see her soaked in a pool of blood. Without a second thought, I carried her to my car and drove her to the nearest health centre. It was the same clinic I had seen someone like her enter the previous night. The doctor refused to attend to her saying he didn't want to invite trouble to himself and referred me to the general hospital. He said she had lost alot of blood but not yet dead. I drove off without wasting a second. I knew her life depended on how fast I acted. I arrived at the hospital in less than fifteen minutes and Chelagat was rushed to the emergency ward in which I was not allowed to enter. The doctor left with my car keys. I didn't know why but maybe it was because he wanted me around. I was getting late for school so I decided to call the principal and tell her what had happened. Luckily she understood me and gave me the day off. "I'll come once she gets better madam." I replied before hanging the call. After around two hours of waiting. Finally the doctor came. I ran to him and asked how she was doing. "We are sorry sir..."

To be continued...

Please leave your comments below, they are highly appreciated. Also bookmark our page for easy access then Subscribe (IT'S FREE) to get notified whenever we post. Share our post to all your friends through the social media links below.


Post a Comment

0 Comments