Amazon

Tears of Marriage Part 23 & 24


 Author: Gregory Wanyonyi

It was an emergency leaving the room. I didn't carry my phone with me and now my wife is admitted. She had lost alot of blood and she need transfusion. Since there was no blood in the bank, I had to give her my own blood. Luckily, I am a universal donor so she didn't need any other person to help. Before I went to give her my blood, I thought of everything that had happened to me in my marriage and how my wife got into this situation. I felt like leaving her to fate but the love for her in my heart could not allow me do that. 
 After donating blood, the doctor told me to leave since my wife had no signs of improving. She must be in the hospital for as long as she was unconscious. He informed me that the wound on her forehead was deep and he feared she might have fractured her skull. Since it was late, the X-ray was to e conducted the following day. I wanted to see her before I leave but the doctor insisted that I could not. I drove back home feeling lonely and deserted. I needed my wife around. The desire to go to my sister's place disappeared. I needed my wife more than anything else. 
 On reaching my house, I found seven missed calls and four texts. All the texts were from a strange number, the same number that had recorded two missed calls, one missed calls was from my sister while the remaining three were from Fidelis. I decided to call my sister first. I explained everything to her and she consoled me. She gave me the encouragement I needed and regardless of being in bad blood with my wife, she still offered to take care of her while I was away to school. She also took the responsibility of taking Ken to school and also baby sitting my daughter for the time being. I told you my sister has a golden heart in her chest. Who else could have done this to me? That why I love her. 
 After talking to my sister, I called Fidelis. I didn't know if Henry was at home but since she had called more than once, I thought it wise to confirm what she wanted to tell me. "Hello handsome man." She greeted me. With such I was sure Henry was not at home. ",Yes Fidelis, niambie." I replied. "Greg I love you and I missed your voice so much. I wish I could have you by my side now. I feel lonely in this house." She lamented. "Can we talk about this later Fidelis?" I replied. "It's okay handsome, but promise me you won't break my heart please." She said before I could hang the call. "It's ok Fidelis. We shall find a solution." I replied. She blew me a kiss on the phone then hanged the call. She then texted me. ",Greg, Sharon is lucky to have you as her husband. I envy her." I just laughed then called the new number.
 "Hello, Greg." A feminine voice came through. I tried to figure out where I had heard the voice since it was familiar. Ooh she was the lady I gave my number the other day in the pub. " Yes, who is this please?" I pretended not to know her. "Am Angela, we met in the pub the other day." "Ooh I remember. Am sorry I got your missed call." "Greg, we need to talk. If you have time Please tell me when I can talk to you." "What do you want us to talk about?" I asked. Am not the type of man who runs to talks with strangers. "It's your wife." She said and hanged the call.
I wanted to hear what she had about my wife. Angela. This girl might be having the answers to my unanswered questions. From the way she talked, there was more than what it meets the eye. What do I do? Request her to come to my place? No this was a terrible mistake I was to make. A married man should not invite a woman in his matrimonial home when his wife is in a critical condition; sick to be precise. What if we met at the same pub I met her the other day? This was out of mind too since I only went to the place because I had an issue with my wife. For now there was no problem, my wife was hospitalized and I cannot take advantage of the situation." Let me see if I'll get time to talk to her. After all my wife remained my priority. Her information might only be hurting to my heart." I told myself as I went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat. I had not eaten anything apart from the drink Fidelis bought me during the day.
 I was I the kitchen when I remembered Chelagat. I had not called her to confirm if she was well and maybe ask her why she took the risk; Abortion. I was sure she had aborted the child and it was not a mere miscarriage. So I left the fish boiling and decided to call her. "Hi Greg." She greeted. "Hi too Chela. Hope you are well girl." "Am doing better Greg, thank you for everything." "Welcome." I replied. "Can we talk later please. I have a visitor in the house." She requested. "It's ok." I said as she hanged the call. After the call she sent me a text. "Henry is here." I read the text and shook my head. Honestly I hoped against all odds that it was not the Henry I knew; Fidelis'husband. To confirm my worries, I decided to call Fidelis just to see how she would talk over the phone but my call went unanswered. It hurt me but there was nothing I could do. Thirty minutes later, I received a text from her. "Am sorry my prince. I was in he kitchen and my phone was charging in the sitting room. Let's talk tomorrow. Henry is in." Mmmm, so he is in the house. Who is this Henry that Chela was talking about? I went back to the kitchen to serve my fish. I was sure it was ready judging from the aroma that filled the house. Just then, Chelagat called. "We can talk now Greg. He just left." She said. "It's ok, let's talk after my supper please." I replied and hanged the call. Things were not adding up. Anyway let me hope there was another man dating Chelagat. I could not imagine the wrath of Fidelis upon her. Not such a little girl. 
  I called Chelagat after my supper. I wanted to talk to her more than any other person. I just wanted to know who was the man; Henry she was talking about. "Hello, am done." I said after she picked the call. "Thank you Greg. I just don't know how I can explain this to you but let me tell you the truth." She started even before I could ask her anything. It's like she had sensed what I wanted to hear from her. "It was all Henry's plan. He told me that we were going to the hospital to confirm if indeed I was pregnant. He took me to a certain clinic in town where the doctor examined me. They left me there and had a talk after which they returned and the doctor injected me a certain drug that I don't know what it was upto now. On my way home, I started feeling abdominal pains and the next thing I remember is I found myself in he hospital. I lost my child Greg." She explained and started crying. I tried to calm her down but she could not listen to me. I could not listen to her cry for long. Her tears touched my heart. I felt the pain and decided to hang up. "Who is this wicked Henry?" I asked myself as I went to the bathroom. That's when I remembered my car was still unwashed and now my wife's car was also blood stained. How was I going to go to school tomorrow? I pitied myself as the water from the shower washed my fatigued muscles.

To be continued...

Please leave your comments below, they are highly appreciated. Also bookmark our page for easy access then Subscribe (IT'S FREE) to get notified whenever we post. Share our post to all your friends through the social media links below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments