Amazon

SMITTEN BY THE STREET GIRL - CHP 16


Adrian Grey tossed and turned in bed. He hadn't slept well that night. He could not recall the last time he had experienced lack of sleep. And it was all because of a woman who was living under his roof. He was a busy man who worked himself tirelessly. He had no time to think about women . Since Emily broke his heart, he only had one night stands. Nothing more. His business did not allow him to be committed to a woman. But here he was. He needed to visit the doctor who had counselled him about Emily. The doctor who had made him forget about her after a whole two freaking months of heartbreak. Thanks to him, he had moved on. 

But was it necessary? Soon he would have to start a family. He had always envisioned himself a life with his wife, little babies running up and down his mansion. He had worked really hard for that. All he had been waiting for was a woman who would capture his heart completely.

He was not sure if Miss Archer was the one. Yes she was doing something to him but he did not know her very well. He could not trust her that easily. But he would give it a try. She was a very innocent woman. She was not like the badass girls he went out with. Would she handle his demons? His rage? His tempers? 

His phone got him out of his thoughts as it rang harshly through the silence of the morning.

"Boss," Lincoln spoke on the phone. 

"It better be something important Lincoln! It's so early to be calling me!"  

"I'm not sure about this, but I think I saw Russell driving the girl out of the compound," 
"What girl?"

"The girl you hired just the other day. What was her name again?....Hayley," 

Getting up of his bed, Adrian took a deep breath, "What! Are you sure?" 

"Yes boss. I sure am," 

"Call Russell right now! Tell him to bring her back!" Adrian said angrily pressing the red button on his phone. She had left! She could not stand him anymore! Maybe it was for the best! There was no reason forcing her to come back. He had an option at the moment! Call Russell and tell him to take them wherever they were going. He would not see her again! She would disappear in his life completely. But was that what he wanted? 

Contemplating on a decision, he peeped through his window and saw the Volvo coming back. There was no turning back. They were already back. He could not control the rage that he was feeling in his insides. Wearing some pants, he hurried down the stairs clenching his fists. 

"Russell and Miss Archer! In my office now!" Adrian growled gritting his teeth.

"Is our Hayley in trouble prince charming?" Hayley's little sister asked innocently.

Confused, Adrian asked "What? Who is prince charming?" 

"You! Hayley called you prince...," 

Hayley cut her sister short looking embarrassed, "Anna! Nick take your sister to your room! I will be with you shortly," 

"You two! Follow me!" Adrian ordered.

Getting inside his office as the two followed, he was not sure how he would handle the situation. 

"Miss Archer! Why did you not inform me that you wanted you leave?" 

Gathering her courage, She responded, "Sir..This is all my fault..I forced Russell..,"

He cut her short, "I will deal with Russell later! He already knows what will happen to him! What he did was totally uncalled for!"

"But sir .,"

"No buts miss Archer. It's already done! Consequences follows! Russell, I will meet you in the basement. You can leave. I need to talk to Miss Archer alone," Adrian said.

Once Russell had left his office, he turned to Hayley, "Why did you leave?"

"I got accommodation from a relative," Hayley lied.

"Miss Archer! I have done many interrogations and I know when someone is lying to me!" 

He could tell she had not expected that. "So, one more last time. Why did you leave without informing me?".

"Sir..I..uh,"

"You better compose yourself. What you did was uncalled for! I housed you miss Archer! I had not imprisoned you here. If you had simply come to me, I would have gladly let you leave. But why would you leave without telling me?"

He knew her reasons! But he wanted to hear her say them.
"Okay..I feel like I am not welcome here," She replied wiping a single tear on her eyes.
"And why would you say so?" Adrian asked.

"Because you have been treating me like trash! I understand you are the boss but I am also human! And I have feelings too! I am greatful that you gave me a job , housed my siblings and I, but, I want a peaceful life! I have cried myself to sleep since my parents died! I have had tough times watching my siblings sleep on an empty stomach! Since I came here, watching them play happily, it made me almost forget about what we have been through! But you...I want a peaceful and happy life for once!" 

There she stood in front of him crying. He was lost for words. It made him weak! He felt the need to embrace her in a tight hug and wipe her tears! Walking towards her, she moved backwards wondering what he was up to. He took her small body in his arms and hugged her tightly as her sobbing increased. She had been through a lot and he was adding up to her problems. Even if she melted him, he would not make her happy! She deserved someone and somewhere she would find happiness. He would not give her that.

"Russell will take you to wherever you were going after I am done with him," Adrian finally spoke.

"What? You will let me leave?" She asked confused.

"Yes! I am not holding you against your will miss Archer! But on one condition, "

"Which is?"

"You have to tell me where you are going?"

"To Andrew's," 

Taking a few step backwards he ran his hands through his hair. faced her and asked, "Andrew! Your ex!"

"Yes! The guy I was talking to at the event,"

"You mean that was him! What was he doing there? Was he stalking you?"

Taking a deep breathe, she replied, " It doesn't matter sir. He loves me. He will..,"

He cut her short. " And do you love him back?"

"Yes! I do! And I want to go live with him. He won't stop pestering me until I go back to him,"

"What do you mean pester you? Have you been conversing with him?" 

"He sent me a text yesterday! I was coming to tell you about it down at the basement,"

"And then why didn't you? What did he text?"

"That he is coming for me,"

"And do you really want to go?" 

"Is this an interrogation? Yes! I want to leave! I already texted him that I would be going. He is waiting,"

"And you will! But can you just think about it again? You said the guy had some problems. That he can become violent at times. Won't he hurt you? What about your siblings?" 

"He will change. He loves me,"

The thought of Andrew hurting Hayley in any way made his body tense. She had already made a decision. But would he really allow her to go direct to a crazy man. His uncle had been a violent person before he passed away. He would abuse his wife and then cry about it, ask for her forgiveness and promise not to repeat it again. And then after a few days he would repeat it again.  

Taking a seat Adrian said, "You are making a wrong decision," 

"Why? What should I do?" Hayley asked.

"Let us first see how Andrew will react if you do not go. If he doesn't go mad and convince you in a good way, then you can go live with him.. If he misreacts, then you can not go there. We have to test his patience miss Archer. For once think about your siblings. Let this be not about you,"

"Okay. I get it. I will text him that I need a few more days,"

"Good idea!" Adrian replied. He was happy that she had cooperated. If she loved Andrew, then he would not force her to stay at his house no matter how much he wanted her to stay.

"You can go miss Archer. Let us wait,"

***

Hayley walked out of Adrian's office heaving a sigh of relief. She had not expected their conversation to go on smoothly. She had expected him to snap at her, throw daggers at her but he hadn't. Why had he embraced her? His embrace, his touch! Reminded her of their magnificent kiss at his room. The way he had turned her whole body on, as his kisses trailed down her stomach. Why was she thinking about it! It would not happen again. He had not even remembered about it anyways! He was so concerned about her and her siblings. But why? Adrian never cared about anything. 

Suddenly, Adrian pulled his door and she was pushed backwards but he was so fast to catch her waist before she could land on the ground. She hadn't realised she had been leaning on his door all along. The situation was now awkward as his eyes gazed into hers. Pulling her forward, she landed on his chest. He started leaning in but then stopped all of a sudden.

"Miss Archer, someone is calling you,"

"What! But I did not hear...," Before she could finish her sentence, he was already out of her sight walking down the stairs.

*****
To be continued...

Thank you so so much for your beautiful comments on my last chapter. They made me work my ass off to deliver another chapter today. Much love

Please leave your comments below, they are highly appreciated. Also bookmark our page for easy access then Subscribe (IT'S FREE) to get notified whenever we post. Share our post to all your friends through the social media links below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments