Amazon

Tears of Marriage Ep. 11 & 12


                      
Author: Gregory Wanyonyi

I met Chelagat waiting for me in the departmental offices. She was finely dressed. Her clothes fitted her as if she was born with them. When she saw me, she burst into loud laughter. I wanted to laugh too but I remembered the African saying that warns us not to laugh when people laugh, you might be laughing at yourself without your knowledge. "Hi Greg, how is your drama queen?" She greeted me. I was hurt by the second part of her greetings. Regardless of my wife being troublesome nowadays, I never wanted anybody to make fun of her. She is my wife and I love her. " My beautiful wife is fine. I thank God for her." I answered taking my seat. "That your wife will one day kill you with AIDS." She said leaving for the class. I don't know why this statement hurt me the most. Although I was suspecting my wife of cheating, I had not thought of the possibility of being infected. What if I was already infected? I started sweating. Just then, Fidelis called me. "Greg, you can't believe this, imagine Henry could not make love to me yesterday. He only lasted less than ten minutes and he was dry." She said even before greeting me. In my life I had never imagined a man can ran dry. Or maybe it was not what I was thinking. " Am sorry for you Fidelis, take time to talk to him please..." " Where do I get the time to talk to him? He is already out of the house. Greg, Henry is sleeping with another woman and I have to find out who this woman is. I'll make sure she regrets meeting my husband." Fidelis threatened. I felt sorry for her but at the same time I was worried for my wife. I hoped against adds that she was not the one sleeping around with Henry. "God save my wife." I prayed.
  I called my wife just to confirm where she was at that time. She assured me she was in the house relaxing. She had nowhere to go since she had been given a dsy off from work. She explained. " Can we have a family out after work? " I suggested. " It's ok my love." She answered. I hanged the call and ran to class but not before I had reminded her that I love her so much. She didn't answer back if she loves me too something that hurt me more. After class, I got four missed calls from Ken's class teacher. I called her back only to be informed that my son was sick. He needed urgent medical attention. I went to the principal's office to request for a permission and went to pick him. I took him to the hospital and after the injection, the doctor recommended a bed rest for him. Since my wife was at home I decided to take him home. I was surprised to find my wife's car missing in the parking lot. I went to the house and she was neither there. I decided to call her to inform her that the boy was in the house but her phone went unanswered. Five minutes later, I got a text from her. "Am sorry hubby, I was in the bathroom. Anything the matter?" " Nothing really, just wanted to hear your voice." I replied. "Let me dress and call you back." She replied. "Ok."  Two hours later and she had not called. My time of being away from school was fast elapsing so I left the boy sleeping and ran back to school. At lunchtime  is when she called me. "Am sorry, I thought you were in class that's why I didn't call you immediately." She explained herself. "It's ok," I replied "Don't forget our family out."I added. Her phone went dead.
I decided to leave school immediately the bell rang. I didn't want to waste time since I wanted to enjoy my time with my lovely wife. I was on my way out when I saw Chelagat standing in the Agriculture garden. She looked frustrated with a handkerchief in her hands. I saw her wipe her eyes a clear indication that she was crying. I parked my car at the roadside and went to her. I just wanted to know why she was crying. When I reached her,I took out my handkerchief and helped her wipe her tears. Hers was already soaked. A distance from where we stood was her vomit. "Am sorry I didn't realize you were sick. Let me take you to the hospital." I offered. "No Greg, am already from there and there is no need to take me back. Just give me time and I'll be okay." She said turning away from me. This was not the normal Chelagat I knew. Since I joined this school three years ago, she has always been free with me telling me anything that affects her. But today was quite different. What was eating her up? I was still persuading her when my phone rang, it was my wife. "Am sorry darling, we can't make it for a family out. Am rushing Ken to the hospital. He looks weak." "It's ok my love, I'll be there in one hours time, I was on my way out. Take care of yourself my love." I replied before hanging the call. I went back to Chelagat and found her eating a raw mango. "Chela, don't tell me you are pregnant?" I asked half joking since I had never seen her with a man. But I remembered my grandma told me that when a woman vomits and eats bitter stuff, chances are high that they are pregnant. " How did you know it Greg?" She asked instead of providing an answer. "Am sorry I just guessed. Am I right?" "Yes you are Greg. It's only that am worried about it so much that I don't know what to do" I hugged her and assured her that all was well and there was nothing as precious as being a mother. ","Greg I know that being a mother is the best thing that can ever happen to me but am still worried, this feeling can only be enjoyed when you are with the father of your child but I might never enjoy this feeling." She said and started sobbing again. "I don't understand you Chela, what do you mean by that? Have you broken up with him?" I asked her. " Greg you may not be able to understand me for now, but it's just difficult to say it." She said and sank on her knees. "I just regret it Greg, I regret everything and I just don't know how I will pull myself from this mess." She added. Since we were standing in an open place, I pulled her to my vehicle to avoid the eyes of the students who were now coming to the garden. Moreso, I wanted to keep it confidential so that we don't send a wrong impression around the school. Once in the vehicle, I coaxed her to help me understand what she was saying. " Greg, I fell in love with a married man. He is the one responsible for this. Please don't see me as an evil woman, I would like to be a wife to someone but how will I be married to someone's husband?" I just looked at her and shook my head. I knew this was going to be tricky. I wished I could help her. "Does he know you are pregnant?" I asked to break the silence. "Yes, I told him yesterday." She replied. "He told me to terminate it." " Ohhh Henry why?" She shouted. ",You mean the man is called Henry?" " Yes, she answered. Let me hope it's not the Henry I know.

To be continued...


Please leave your comments below, they are highly appreciated. Also bookmark our page for easy access then Subscribe (IT'S FREE) to get notified whenever we post. Share our post to all your friends through the social media links below.

Post a Comment

0 Comments